Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Cutting Out - High RPM's

Old 06-15-2004, 02:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Cutting Out - High RPM's

I am looking for some advice on my 2000 Warrior that is cutting out on the high rpm's. It starts and runs great at low rpm's. When I start getting up to high rpm's it starts cutting in and out. When riding hard it loses power when I need it most. It does the same thing when I am revving it up real high in neutral. I have tried everything I know so far.

I replaced the carburetor with two others from my other warriors that run great. Still happens. This rules out the carb ( I think). I replaced the fuel tank to make sure that it was not a clogged fuel valve or breather hose. I have run it with and without the air filter. Still acts the same. I have replaced the spark plug.

Also, this bike has a Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust system on it. Could the exhaustr pipe have anything to do with this type problem?

This is driving me crazy and I cant imagine what else it could be. I thought for sure it was something to do with the fuel system, but I guess not. Any help or ideas would be great. Is there anything else that I can try replacing from one of my good running warriors that I have not though of?

Thank you all in advance for helping. Reading these forums have helped me before.

Old 06-15-2004, 03:53 AM
Pro Rider

Are you running stock jetting? if so that might be the prob you are running lean in the carb. You might also want check the valves.I had the same problem but the solution to mine was the jetting was also running an aftermarket exhaust and it did the trick hope this helps.

Xavier

Old 06-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Range Rover

Trade out the CDI with one of your other Warrior's, if still the same try coil swap, or stator swap.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i was having same prob a few months ago.. it just disapeared i know i got dirt in my carb tho...

Old 06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

The air filter top is cut out. I was told by one mechanic that he thought it may be the problem. He said that aftermarket exhaust and jetted carbs need to have the air filter cover with 3 holes drilled in it. Does this sound right to anyone?