Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Anyone try a Tusk plow yet????

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try a Tusk plow yet????

I saw that RockyMountainATV has good deals on them and they are the only one that has them right now for the Brute Force 750. Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 12-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try a Tusk plow yet????

Hey Chris,

I picked up the 50" "City Slicker" version of this plow a couple weeks ago. I've only had one storm and so I've only done one push with it. It seems to work fine on the 2001 Wolverine that it is attached to.

Assembly it is a little interesting. The instructions are pretty awful. Several steps are skipped and/or out of order. To a certain extent you have to guess what goes where. Unless you have put one together previously, expect several hours to assemble the thing.

I purchased the manual lift kit with mine as I don't have a winch and I didn't have the extra $'s to get one. Despite a good amount of adjusting the lift rods, I've not been able to get the blade to lock when lifted as it is supposed to. This is probably just something I've done wrong or overlooked. For now a bungie attached to the rear rack will have to suffice until I unearth the mysteries of the manual lift kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hope you find this useful. If I can answer anything else, please let me know. I'll try to post additional information as I use the plow more.

P.S. -- These blades are simply rebranded Eagle plows.