Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

How to remove governor from Suzuki LTZ-50

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove governor from Suzuki LTZ-50

My son rides a Suzuki LTZ-50 (he's 5) and we would like to remove the governor so it can go faster. Is anybody aware of how to do this or if the manual will tell you how? The place where we purchased it from wants us to bing it in and they can do it. However, we would like to do it if we can and then put it back in once our younger son is old enough to ride! Any help is appreciated. THANKS!!!

Old 01-28-2007, 07:33 PM
DAL
Weekend Warrior

It's in the manual, but you'll need an air imact gun to remove the pulley nuts. I'd spend 30 or 40 bucks and let the dealer do it.

Mine was removed during the PDI before I took it home.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DAL
It's in the manual, but you'll need an air imact gun to remove the pulley nuts.
Huh? Is this different from the LT-A50 (two-stroke version)? I have one of those and both the owner and service manuals for it and don't recall anything about a restriction on a pulley. The restrictions on the 2-stroke are in the intake port, the exhaust port, the throttle control, and the secondary carb jet.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

The book we have says you need some sort of special tool. took ours to the dealer and for 39 bucks it goes about twice as fast. I think it's a spacer inside the trans. Just tell them you want to put it back later and save the spacer.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bmwpat
I think it's a spacer inside the trans.
Hmm, the 2-stroke version doesn't have a transmission - just a centrifugal clutch. The 4-stroke model must be a lot different in more than just the engine.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all of your help! I think it will cost us about $60.00 but sounds like that is the way to go! Thanks again! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Range Rover

Both of my boys have the suzuki 50's. My oldest has the LT50A (2stroke) and my youngest has the new LTZ50(4 stroke). There is no need to pay a dealer an absurd amount of money for a 5 minute job you can do at home. I asked my dealer and they wanted to charge $125 due to labor which included disassemble and reassemble. For the LTZ50 all you need to do is remove the side plastic and case cover as shown in your manual. Next pick up a nice bottle of champain for your wife. After she starts drinking, take the cork and use it as a wedge between the gear and the engine. This will allow you to remove the nut without destroying the aluminum case. Once the nut is off, remove the 1/4 space and reassemble the bike. Until CT racing comes out with the new CDI box and exhaust, there's really not too much more to do to that bike. Now the LTA50 is another story. After removing the two restrictor washers, you can open the carb and adjust your needle position as well as remove the secondary jet plug. It's a small set screw covering the secondary jetting. This will give the bike a little more top end. Hope this helps:^)

Old 03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

Lowlife,

Any word on when CT will come out with a new CDI??? It a damn shame that such a nice mini is cripple by such a restrictive CDI..

Hibrass

Old 03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Range Rover

CT Racing was supposed to have the CDI available by December of 06. From what I've been told is that they ran into some unforseen issues with the upgraded CDI and may not be going forward with production. I've started to look elsewhere for this as well as other upgrades for the fourstroke 50. No luck yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Range Rover

I know the feeling.... I haven't found any 4stroke 50 upgrades either other than suspension, wheels and tires... Which doesn't any sense, since the bike won't go past 15MPH.... :-(

Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply: How to remove governor from Suzuki LTZ-50