Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2000 Suzuki LT80 Quad Sport mod project

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Suzuki LT80 Quad Sport mod project

hey guys and gals. i'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a bit. searching out information, getting a feel for place etc... anyway i have decided to hop up the lt80 instead of getting a new machine. way cheaper and it'll be better than anything i can buy new. so far i have been doing a bunch of reading and research but havent come up with definate winners as of what to do with it. here is a tentative list of the mods etc...

dg extreme exhaust
dg front bumper
itp c9 rims and itp holeshots widens quad 5" overall.
k&n air filter with outerwears prefilter
renthal highrise aluminum handlebars
primary clutch mods
upgraded belt?
better gearing and sprockets
lighter o-ring chain
led brake lights and headlights
amsoil 2 stroke oil
rejet
remove the 3 restrictors
white plastic and custom stickers?
upgraded works rear shock 5" travel
upgraded long travel front shocks 5" travel
Boyesen 2 stage reeds

i am pricing out the list right now but was wondering if anybody has some suggestions as to what to get or what to stay away from. best bang for buck or complete waste of money. you know the usual stuff. i have done quite a few searches here but most seem to be about problems and not too much about hop ups. one thing for sure is i want to upgrade the suspension but cant seem to find any really good reviews as to what to do with it. money isnt an issue but i dont want to waste it for something that doesnt hold up or something better was around the same price or cheaper. anyway i will post pics as i go too and reviews on what i thought of the product and perfromance gains etc...

my son is getting excited the last time we rode he was having alot of trouble in the sand and was wanting to keep up with us something feirce. that was where i realized the suspension was really lacking. he was getting bucked around bad in the bumps etc...

thanks in advance for your suggestions and such. much appreciated.

one more thing what is the oil injector block off? does it make the machine premix then. and what gains are there to be had form this? will it stop it from smoking so bad. right now mid throttle means we are smoking out the mosquitoes(good) but we are suffering the same fate as them. lol.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

does anybody know where to get the injector block off plate. i have searched but cant find any inof on it.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i can see that this forum has a bunch of helpfull peeps on it. thanks for the responses and recomendations guys.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

I got my injector block off plate from ebay. ctracing sells one too.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums Plumbum.

Being after a holiday weekend, could be the people that really know their stuff about this quad are still on vacation.

You can always use the search for information.

If you don't mind being little patient, there are some very knowledgeable people here that can answer just about anything you might need.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Here's some info on the oil block off. Maybe that will help till someone that has done it responds.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DG Pipe is a waste. Buy a Trinity racing pipe. No such thing as an upgraded tranny belt. Send the motor to Jack Moore to have the head shaved. If you want to see pictures of the baddest LT 80 click here and go thru the pics. Tadow

Old 07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days.

I'll give the quick overview of what you mentioned, IMO of course.

DG is a stock replacement pipe (that's what I call it), it will rev slightly higher. I like the Trinity pipe.
Wide is good.
Front clutch: not alot to do as they holeshot pretty well with a stock motor. Some like removing a roller or 2 to get a higher stall. There is no top end increase to be gained in the front clutch.
Stock belt is fine.
Sprockets and chain: switch to #428 size sprockets (you'll need a 12/13 front and a 26 rear. I use Suzuki sprockets for the 12 and 26. I run #40 chain. Available at a tractor supply,go kart shop, and MSCdirect.com , It's cheap (like $15-20 for 10 ft.) They also have 1/2 links for it. It rolls with 10x less friction than any 428/520 chain, o-ring or not. I pushed my LT's with one finger.
I've not been a amsoil fan but feel that it's prolly OK. The oil that has proven to me to be the best is TORCO GP-7 (torcousa.com).
Works are a good option. I hope your getting the set of 3.
Reds are OK.
Rejet: you can try a 87.5 and a 90 main jet. Just keep an eye on the plug color and any high rpm misses.
Good thing you know, that you need a outerwears with any K&N. I think the stock filter works very well and will handle filtering needs of a 12k rev.
The rest is a personal bling choice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hey Hymis, good to hear from you!
You ever sell yours??
And I agree, it's one of the sweetest LT's out there that I've seen!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, still have it.... I've been dealing with the DMV for a duplicate title... and honestly so there's so much time, effort, money and blood in it I'm having a hard time letting it go.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

well thanks for the responses guys. i forgot about the us holidays (canada here). sorry about that. as for patience, i have plenty, it is just spread pretty thin. i have 4 kids, a wife, a dog and i run my own business. lol. anyway i have searched and searched etc... and read as much as i can. i did find some usefull info on clutching here. but most seem to be problems and some answers to the problems. not alot of reviews on upgrades and such. and i cant trust the manufacturers sites as they all the claim to be the best. basically i want to upgrade everything i need too to make it fast and well just better than stock. main concerns are power and suspension. it lacks both stock. the other stuff is just for looks and originality.

Quick Reply: 2000 Suzuki LT80 Quad Sport mod project