Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Giovanni 110 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 14404224
hi this is 14404224, iam trying to get a wiring diagram for a jetmoto 110, icannot get a clear picture on my copier from chriss giovanni 110 thumbnail can anyone post one that can be copied appreciate any help,
See if this is any better...

Click on the picture to expand, then right click on the big picture and choose save as...

Giovanni 110 wiring diagram-another-giovanni-110cc-wiring-diagram.jpg

Old 01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanni 110 wiring diagram

to lynn ewards: I had done the expansion of the thumb nail but it was blurry. The new one youposted is perfect and I got a clear copy. I cant thank you enough. I havent checked the quad yet as it is at my grandsons house and their dad keeps the security on. I will get to it soon and let you know what I found. thanks again .

Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have lost contact with Lynn Edwards. You may all be teed at me as I know I am making mistakes. I am new at this and am sorry if have offended anyone. I finally got my copier to work. I checked the stator on the 110cc and got these readings. b/r to g 495ohms. bl/w to g 2ohms w to g infinity and y to g infinity. looks like I need a new stator. Am I right? This is 14404224. I thank all of you for your help and patience.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by 14404224
I have lost contact with Lynn Edwards. You may all be teed at me as I know I am making mistakes. I am new at this and am sorry if have offended anyone. I finally got my copier to work. I checked the stator on the 110cc and got these readings. b/r to g 495ohms. bl/w to g 2ohms w to g infinity and y to g infinity. looks like I need a new stator. Am I right? This is 14404224. I thank all of you for your help and patience.
No worries here... You're doing fine. I'm happy to help in any way I can. One of the things that is difficult for me is scaling my responses to match the expertise of the original poster. I can try to scale up or down as required, but until I get that feel it is hard for me. Sometimes I worry that many give up before they even start because they don't understand my response, and don't ask for more details. So don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

And sometimes I just don't know. I'm glad that windtrader could help on your printing problem, because I'm not good dealing with windows problems.

Please see my response to the above resistances you measured in the other post you put up (scroll to the end):

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...oto-110cc.html

Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default BL/W wire

Originally Posted by 065KFR
Hotwheel5golf,

Here are some pictures I took today. Unfortunately I was unable to get pictures of the connections to the CDI, rectifier etc due to the body panel and not being able to get my camera in there. Fortunately these should be fairly easy to figure out since each one has a unique connection that only fit the appropriate hardware. My wiring harness is all heat shrunk and taped so I was only able to verify certain connections. Those ones I have labeled in the pictures. Please note that there is one connection that is not hooked up to anything. I have no idea what it is for but my kids ATV runs fine without it connected.

I hope this helps.

Chris.

Hey Chris, There is a BLue and White wire coming out of the Kill/Light switch harness. Where does yours go. Mine is not connected to anything.
Thanks,
Marton

Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Electrical Expert

Marton,

Is this a Giovanni 110cc quad?

What kind of problem are your having?

Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is a 49 cc giovanni and my daughter was driving one day when all of a sudden it went dead. No light, tail light, starter nothing. All I can see immediatly is that there is a bare blue and white wire coming from the harness that goes to the light/starter switch assembly. Fuse is okay. Any advise appreciated

Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by klmarton
It is a 49 cc giovanni and my daughter was driving one day when all of a sudden it went dead. No light, tail light, starter nothing. All I can see immediatly is that there is a bare blue and white wire coming from the harness that goes to the light/starter switch assembly. Fuse is okay. Any advise appreciated
First test your battery: Make sure the quad is in neutral and the brake is set. Follow the fat red wire from the battery positive terminal to one post on the starter solenoid. The other post goes on down to the starter motor. Take a screwdriver and short those two posts together. Some sparking is normal. Does the starter turn? What you are doing is connecting the battery directly to the starter motor bypassing all switches and safety interlocks.

If the starter turns then turn on the ignition switch, turn off/disable all kill switches and repeat the shorting test. Does the quad start?

If the starter doesn't turn then jump your quad to another quad or to your car battery. Be sure to get the polarity right. Repeat the above two tests. Does the starter turn now? Does the quad start?

To go on from here you will need a voltmeter. I don't think this will be a hard problem to solve.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

wow! is is so nice to know that im not alone in the wiring battle! my wife bought him this 110 atv and seemed good at first but then the real gut feeling came true like always!!! you get what you pay for! so at this point my sons wheeler is sitting in my shop im really thinkin hard about turning it into a scrap heap with my loader and going down to the dealership tomorrow and gettin him something with a name that i know and trust!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by wheeler25
wow! is is so nice to know that im not alone in the wiring battle! my wife bought him this 110 atv and seemed good at first but then the real gut feeling came true like always!!! you get what you pay for! so at this point my sons wheeler is sitting in my shop im really thinkin hard about turning it into a scrap heap with my loader and going down to the dealership tomorrow and gettin him something with a name that i know and trust!
Without a doubt chinese quads are high maintenance items. As you intimated, there is a tradeoff between price and performance. If you buy a chinese quad expecting to get a honda (or whatever name brand you pick) you are going to be disappointed. On the other hand, if there is no way you can possibly afford to buy a honda, or if your just seeing if this is a hobby you may or may not want to get into, then chinese quads offer a much cheaper alternative.

The downside of chinese quads is that for most people there are no service options other than working on them yourself. If you're capable then fine. If your not capable then this forum is here to help you learn. If your not willing to learn then you're back in the soup again, and you should have probably bought a name brand.

Quick Reply: Giovanni 110 wiring diagram